Getting Started

 Boy...do I ever feel sheepish. It seems so late in the game to be starting a blog (2022?! We've all moved on to YouTube channels and Tik Tok and Zap Zoids!), but here I am. And of course, it's hardly my first crack at blogging. We won't get into the varied, sporadically-timed musings I've already flung into the interwebs just now, though. I'll let their ghosts continue to haunt me on my own time, no need to trouble you. 

Ghosts? How did this get so dark so fast? 

Anyway. Another blog! A new blog! A SEWING blog! 


I sew. I started sewing occasionally in 2013 or so, and moved on to garment sewing in...2015? Since then it's become my most consistent (and expensive! ha!) hobby of all time. My wardrobe is primarily handmade, and not in a weird way. My kids' wardrobes are largely handmade, although...that *is* significantly weirder. (Not my fault! They dress themselves!) 



While I share quite a few of my makes on Instagram, I've come to a point where I need a space to document my sewing more thoroughly--for a number of purposes--and the truth is, I just *like* blogging. I just do. I can't help it. I guest blog occasionally for other designers and fabric companies, and it never makes me feel like my stomach is going to fall out. I truly enjoy it. So here we are! My own *new* *SEWING* blog! 

Yayyy! 

If you're here, too, welcome! I'd love to tell you what to expect, except I really don't know how to do this at that point. My aim is to document most of the things I make, with notes on modifications, fabric types, patterns, sources...all that jazz. My heart wants to do that with nice, quality pictures, but my brain knows me a little too well by now...I can tell you that some grainy phone pictures will definitely end up here. I apologize in advance for how disappointing that will be. Trying to make up for it in this post with some nice, real-camera photos of old makes. Here, here's a bunch, all in a row: 




If you have questions about anything, please leave a comment. Well, maybe not *anything,* as I won't be much help with world history or calculus...but, you know, if it has to do with sewing...go for it! 

So. Here's to new beginnings! 

























Comments

Popular Posts